Pakistani martial artist Irfan Mehsood has sealed his 34th Guinness World Record by setting the latest of the most push-ups on fingertips in one minute carrying a 60 lb pack.
Irfan Mehsood told the local news channels about his incredible achievement
“I did 49 push-ups and the record was attempted in Dera Ismail Khan on June 29. The record was previously held by Jarjees Rasheed of Iran who had done 44 in one minute,” said Irfan.
Irfan announces this marvelous news on his Facebook account. Moreover, he enlists his previous records also.
Other achievements of Irfan
Irfan, who hails from Ladha Tehsil of South Waziristan, previously achieved his 33rd Guinness World Record of the most jumping jacks (81) in one minute carrying a 60-lb pack. He also holds the record of the most jumping jacks (64) in one minute while carrying a 100-lb pack
- Most (60) push-ups in one minute with one leg raised and carrying a 40-lb pack.
- Most knuckle push-ups (59) in one minute carrying a 60 lb pack, most side lunges (72) in a minute.
- Most push-ups (39) on fingertips in one minute while carrying a 60-lb pack.
- Most push-ups in one minute (40) with one leg raised and carrying an 80-lb pack.
Irfan, who also runs an academy in Waziristan, has numerous records in his kitty including the record for most side lunges in one minute with 54 lunges in total. The other records he broke included
- Most full-contact knee strikes (87), in one minute, using one leg.
- Most full contact knee strikes, (83) in one minute (alternate legs).
- Most push-ups with one leg raised and carrying a 40-lb pack, 31 in one minute.
- Most push-ups with one leg raised and carrying an 80-lb pack, 21 in one minute.
- Most knuckle push-ups 25 with one leg raised and carrying a 40-lb pack in one minute.
- Most thumb push-ups 35 in one minute.
- Most Bo staff strikes, 261 in one minute.
Irfan Mehsood future plans
Irfan Mehsood has so far achieved 34 Guinness World Records. He is determined to highlight sports and physical fitness in Pakistan, especially in his region of Waziristan. Irfan Mehsud has now become one of the world’s top pushup record players.
Pakistan is blessed with talented young people in every imaginable field. We do lag in sports, somewhat, but only because of the raw talent we have is not being utilized by the concerned authorities. We often read about our high achievers in academics, setting one world record after another. But now Irfan sets another example for all of us.
More power to you Irfan.
Share your thoughts in the comments!