7 ways to be a more productive employee

Sharing is caring!

Getting a promotion is a dream of every employee. It doesn’t matter what you do or where you work, you still want to excel in your career.

Working all day long is not a way to get promotions or success. Sometimes you need to do smart work rather than hard work to climb the ladders of hierarchy and became the team leader rather than an ordinary team member.

 If you feel that you are stuck with your career then it’s time to make a room for new habits at the workplace.

 

1. Prioritize your daily tasks

It is not necessary to do all work in a day. Don’t burden yourself and end up just being a mess. First of all, make your to-do list, prioritize it and fitting in doing as much as possible in the sanctioned eight hours.

 

 

2. Take short breaks

Try to take short breaks after every two hours rather than taking a long break. Your brain used a good amount of glucose from your body while working. It is better to take a break, grab some snacks or at least drink water. Get up from your seat and take a round of your workplace. Do some informal conversations with your colleagues. This will recharge your brain and you will be ready to work more efficiently.

 

 

3. Rule of the 80/20

According to the rule of 80/20, only 20 percent of what you do each day produces 80 percent of your results. It means you only need to target 20% which is most important and needs to done today at any cost. Eliminate the other 80% which can be done tomorrow or overmorrow. 

 

 

4. Morning must be only for you

Start your morning with something like exercise, meditation or walk. Don’t rush to check emails and a to-do list and panic yourself in the early morning. It is suggested that if you want to work efficiently then you have to give some time to yourself when you wake up in the morning. It is better to have a healthy breakfast because this will ensure that you’ve got the necessary fuel for a productive day.

 

 

5. Deal with your difficult tasks before lunch

Many studies have proved that an employee is more productive before lunch and after that, his productivity decreased gradually. Try to tackle your most challenging tasks before lunch when your brain is fresh because after you have food your body switches to the rest mode and you may find yourself lazy. In this way, your productivity will not suffer.

 

 

6. Eliminate bad habits

Every one of us is well aware of our bad habits. Although, we are compelled to do which distracts us from working properly? If an employee has a bad habit of gossiping then he will spend more of his time chatting with others and in this way, he will waste the time of all. Manage your time so you can work properly on the job. Otherwise, you’ll get distracted from accomplishing more important goals throughout the day.

 

 

7. Multi-tasking- Not a good choice

Not all of us are Masters of all trades. It better not to multi-task, if you can’t handle it well. Tryna gets things done more effectively and efficiently by focusing on one task at a time.

 

 

What do you guys do to be productive at work? Comment Below!

Sharing is caring!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *